This beef stew is the ultimate, hearty, melt-in-your mouth comfort food of all, and so easy to make in the slow cooker and for a simple midweek dinner.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
- 1 ½ cups mushrooms, halved
- 1 onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- Melt butter and cook beef chuck cubes in batches until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes per batch.
- Add potatoes, mushrooms, onion, carrots, and garlic; cover with beef broth. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Cover, and cook until beef is tender enough to cut with a spoon.
Leave a comment!